Established 50 + year MEP and Structural Engineering firm is seeking a Plumbing Engineer with 2-4 years of experience performing professional mechanical engineering work in the preparation of plumbing plans. We are seeking a career minded individual who takes personal ownership in their work and is looking for a fun but productive environment to thrive in. We value our employees and pride ourselves in providing a collaborative work environment with career advancement opportunities.
· Prepare plumbing plans using AutoCAD 2016 Software.
· Size on plans the hot and cold water system, waste and vent system, storm drain system and natural gas system.
· Provide on plans hydraulic calculations for sizing the cold and hot water systems, water supply fixture unit calculations and drainage fixture unit calculations.
· Specify on plans the piping materials for the hot and cold water system, waste and vent system, storm drain system and natural gas system.
· Provide on plans riser diagrams for hot and cold water system, waste and vent system, storm drain system and natural gas system.
· Provide on plans the make and model of all the plumbing fixtures, pressure regulators, backflow prevention devices, water meters, water softeners, thermal expansion tank, booster pumps, sump pumps, grease interceptors, boilers and storage tanks.
· Provide on plans the pump curve for the water pump(s) being used.
· Respond to Request for Information, respond to plumbing submittals, respond to plan check corrections, join conference calls, attend predesign and preconstruction meetings, attend site visits.
· Coordinate plumbing plans with the architectural, mechanical, electrical, civil, landscape, and structural personnel to ensure that the plumbing systems are constructible out on the field and comply with building standards and codes.
Skills & Expertise:
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· 2-4 years of experience in plumbing design, preferably working for a technical MEP engineering firm
· Experience in maintaining client relationships and the ability to communicate effectively
· Effective time management skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Experience with residential and commercial projects preferred but not required
· Competitive pay and benefits packages
· Paid sick time and vacation time
· New state of the art office with indoor basketball court, employee gym and lounge; located blocks away from the Irvine Spectrum
· Monthly and biweekly team building activities
· Modified work schedule: Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 6:00pm and Friday 8:00am – 12:00pm